Saturday, May 4, 2013

Photos from the past couple of weeks...

IMG_3647

IMG_3654

IMG_3659

IMG_3660

IMG_3671

IMG_3679

IMG_3692

IMG_3703

IMG_3704

IMG_3705

IMG_3708

It has been cool, cloudy, wet and dreary.  Not really feeling like spring at all.  We all rejoice when the sun peaks out, even if it is only for a few minutes before being blanketed with clouds again for days (and days and days).  I am trying really hard to enjoy spring especially knowing eventually it will be hot, really hot, but it has been hard!  

Last week, the kids and I visited a local farm to pick up some produce and pantry staples.  They also sell flowers and veggie starts for the garden.  I picked up one cherry tomato plant (which I am happy to say already has 2 babies!) and the kids talked me into letting them pick out some flowers.  Well, I didn't really need much convincing, ha ha.  They all chose marigolds and got busy planting them right away.  Some are in their garden they made last year and some are in containers adorning the front porch.  There is also a family of bluebirds in the birdhouse the kids made me for my birthday!  The eggs hatched earlier this week and we love knowing there are 6 (!) bluebird babies so close by.  Bluebirds are one of the family's favorite birds and we have been waiting for a couple of years for them to nest in one of the houses and finally it happened.

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment